End of the Republic

The American Republic is in decline. The decline is self-inflicted, a sort of suicide by choice. Why are people deciding to follow the "Road to Serfdom" over the "Road to Freedom"?

Name:
Location: Chesapeake Beach, MARYLAND, United States

Sunday, October 31, 2004

First Entry

Well, this will be a little experiment in blogging/writing. I would like to see where this goes and what it could lead to. Those of you who know me understand that I can be a tiny bit political. I am not just into any issues. I enjoy discussing the philosophy behind the politics. I enjoy discussions of epistemology, metaphysics, and ethics. My wife, Heather, and I agree that it is not sufficient to just have a position on an issue. A person must be able to explain why they support a cause and how they arrived at their conclusion. In addition, we find contradictions unacceptable. We have come to the conclusion that we should strive to eliminate the contradictions in our lives, both in terms of politics and also in terms of the way we administer our daily affairs. With respect to the above statements, I would appreciate any identifications of contradictions from the readers of the blog. If you can find one, please point it out. Perhaps I have not explained myself clearly enough or perhaps I need to re-evaluate my position (something I am certainly willing to do).

In this blog, I would like to communicate some of my philosophy. For instance, after watching the movie "I ♥ Huckabees", I came up with the idea of: First you have to shed yourself of the everything. Then you have to shed yourself of the nothing. Then you will discover that you are something. It is a simple matter of the identification of the fact that YOU ARE which is important.

Do not be confused. I am sure that if you read my posts for a while, you will be able to understand it.

My other hobby is history. I love to examine historical trends - especially in the realm of ideas. We live in a time where the ideas that led to the birth of this nation are about to be abandoned. The ideas have almost entirely been forgotten. They have been replaced with "better sounding" concepts that do not stand up to scrutiny, but have a "sound byte" quality about them. People are easily lured into ideas such as egalitarianism and democracy. Those concepts sound nice, especially when compared to concepts such as capitalism and republic. However, we will find that the switch from a republican form of government to a democratic form of government (and I am not referring to either of the major American political parties) has clear disadvantages and is a great threat to freedom. Equally, egalitarianism is an evil concept. If we think about how we are to achieve it, we can see how it limits freedom and, in fact, punishes ability. Again, I am just introducing the idea here - it will be more clearly explained in future blogs.

So, if you are not bored already, you can have a little "reality show" peep into my life and my ideas as you read these blogs!

Quick info:

Myself:
Justin Matz
Age: 30 years old
Family: Wife: Heather Bea Matz, Dog: Reagan (Scottish Terrier), Parakeets (Lucky, Oscar, Jasper, Har White, and Earl Gray), Hermit Crabs, a Beta fish (Fred), and many other fish in a community tank.
More to come soon.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home